Chippens Submission Guidelines
- Chippens considers all unsolicited and previously unpublished material for publication on a rolling basis. We publish poetry chapbooks (10-20 pages) in pdf format and personal essays, creative nonfiction, book and movie reviews, fiction, poetry, sports, politics, you name it, on our blog. If it's good, we'll put it up. Please, send us your best stuff. We are currently reading and continually accepting chapbook and Chippens Weekly submissions for when we resume publication in early 2010.
- Chippens publishes what we consider to be quality, engaging, and meaningful work. We are very receptive to humor. We don't like anything that is overly self-conscious or trite. Please, no genre.
- RIGHTS: Upon acceptance, Chippens acquires exclusive rights to publish your material. As soon as your writing is published, all rights revert back to the author with the condition that Chippens must be credited with all subsequent republications. We reserve the right to reproduce your material in electronic and print form.
- Simultaneous submissions are welcome. Multiple submissions are not. Please notify us immediately if your work is accepted elsewhere. Please wait to hear back before submitting something new.
- Please query before sending a review.
- Response time will vary, but in general it should be short. If you haven't heard back in a few weeks, send a query.
- All chapbook submissions should be sent to submit [at] chippens [dot] com as a Microsoft Word (no .docx) attachment. Everything else should be sent in the body of an email to submit [at] chippens [dot] com. If you are submitting poetry, send 3-5 poems.
- All other correspondence should be sent to the editor at editor [at] chippens [dot] com.
Return to Chippens